Release plans

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Jun 21 04:17:09 CDT 2010

On 06/20/2010 01:45 PM, wylda at volny.cz wrote:

> Hi, another week and Sunday gone, but this time i tried to look a bit
> closely to the numbers...
>
> 340 regressions <-- release announcement
> 356 regressions <-- release announcement + 1week
> 339 regressions <-- release announcement + 2weeks(rc1)
> 322 regressions <-- release announcement + 3weeks(rc2)
> 325 regressions <-- release announcement + 4weeks
> 326 regressions <-- release announcement + 5weeks(rc3)
> 325 regressions <-- release announcement + 6weeks(rc4)
>

> 3rd week in a row and unfortunately these numbers don't change significantly
> to zero. Based on these following numbers we can't even say, that we
> close at the same rate as new are opened. Closer look to "fixing" capacity
> or in other words what is behind -1 fixed regression for this week:
>
> +24 Newly marked, opened (new/unconfirmed)
> -16 Closed, resolved fixed
> -09 Not a regression (invalid, duplicate)
> ====
> -1
>
> More IN than OUT could show that stable release is far a way.

I'll note that you'll see a very similar measure when just looking at
Wine bugs in general.  We are, nevertheless, making progress ;)

Still, I do support delaying the release until it feels like there's a
substantial drop in non-deferred patches.  That's the sign that tells us
we've run out of easy enough release bugs/regressions to fix and may as
well release.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie