[hhctrl.ocx] Null pointer fix, new patch

Andrew Nguyen arethusa26 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:09:01 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Jaroslav Šmíd <jardasmid at gmail.com> wrote:
> -        info->WinType.pszCaption=strdupW(info->pCHMInfo->defTitle);
> +        info->WinType.pszCaption=strdupW(info->pCHMInfo->defTitle ?
> info->pCHMInfo->defTitle : null);

Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but isn't the new statement
practically the same as the one you removed? Adding a conditional
doesn't seem to change what strdupW receives, and thus what it
ultimately returns.

> -        info->WinType.pszFile=strdupW(info->pCHMInfo->defTopic);
> +        info->WinType.pszFile=strdupW(info->pCHMInfo->defTopic ?
> info->pCHMInfo->defTopic : null);

Same thing. Also, did you actually compile and test this patch? I
would think that writing "null" wouldn't compile.