wined3d: Better validation of BltFast destination

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Jun 23 03:47:04 CDT 2010

Am Mittwoch 23 Juni 2010 10:40:30 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:
> You're catching only the GDI surface case here since opengl surfaces don't
>  use IWineD3DBaseSurfaceImpl_BltFast. I recommend to put this check into
>  ddraw, like in your previous attempts(but keep checking for < 0, don't do
>  any bit testing magic like in your old patches)

> Am Dienstag 22 Juni 2010 23:37:20 schrieb Iain Arnell:
> > Scratch this - after thinking again about Henri's hint, I've moved the
> > fix to wined3d.
I searched the archives to see if I missed any of Henri's suggestions but I
couldn't find any like that. My consideration is that ddraw already has the
other range checks, so it would just be consistent to keep it there. besides,
in many situations ddraw, d3d8 and d3d9 have different checks or behavior in
case of wrong parameters(see for example surface locking)

(ok, the latter is somewhat academic since only ddraw calls BltFast directly)