Addition of En resources to non-En resources

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 04:14:56 CDT 2010

On 06/25/2010 11:04 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Francois Gouget<fgouget at free.fr>  wrote:
>> We will still need people to take on the somwhat unsexy control resizing
>> task and that may be a problem. If it turns out we lack volunteers for
>> that we may turn to some automatic layout scheme, for instance describe
>> the resources in a glade-like language and translate+convert them to rc
>> files at build time.
>
> Sounds not very exciting. If there is a choice of having resources with properly
> placed and sized controls but english only, vs. translated but with broken layout
> ones, then I'm afraid most users would prefer an english variant.

Once we start using po files we can probably get rid of the 'transl'
website as those stats will come from whatever tool we choose to deal
with po files.

For the actual resources and their size/placements it would be nice to
have a tool/website as well that could be used to show how the
translated language actually looks in a menu/dialog/whatever with even
the possibility to change things. Is that feasible?

--
Cheers,

Paul.