Addition of En resources to non-En resources

Nikolay Sivov nsivov at codeweavers.com
Fri Jun 25 04:39:09 CDT 2010

  On 6/25/2010 13:29, Paul Vriens wrote:
> On 06/25/2010 11:23 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
>> Paul Vriens<paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> For the actual resources and their size/placements it would be nice to
>>> have a tool/website as well that could be used to show how the
>>> translated language actually looks in a menu/dialog/whatever with even
>>> the possibility to change things. Is that feasible?
>>
>> What's wrong with running a test application with those menus/dialogs
>> under Wine? What's the reason to complicate things by separating tasks
>> of translating and verifying the result of the translation?
>>

> Well, nothing is wrong with that I guess. It's however geared to
> people who are coders, not?
>
> What we see is that there are several people who want to help us with
> the translation part but have no idea how to code (or are actually
> willing to code). We could use them, especially for the more exotic
> (or let's call it less mainstream) languages.

Hi.

Personally I don't see anything complicated or wrong about using .rc
files, but yes, it's a bit painful for a contributor that wants to spend
some time and discovers that he needs to do some rebuild-n-resize
iterations to make it look nice. So correct me if I'm wrong - a po file
could be tested without rebuild, right?

For a problem with adjusting sizes we could find some free resource GUI
tool I guess that creates a dialog as a IDE form designer, and allows
for changes made to go directly to rc (with a way to simply switch
languages of course). If there's a such way to do I don't see any
problem for a non-coders to make changes.