No subject

Misha Koshelev misha680 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 11:07:57 CDT 2010

> On 24 June 2010 05:18, Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dan suggested tests ok during code freeze so blame Dan for my patches ;)
> Certainly will. wine-devel is an open mailing list, and posting is
> easy. You'll probably want to check with something like "git shortlog
> -s -n" if the advice you're getting is actually worth taking. The way
> I see it, you have more experience with getting patches accepted
> yourself. More to the point, if you look at
> http://source.winehq.org/patches/, you'll see 62909 is marked as
> "Deferred", so resending in a slightly different form isn't going to
> help much.
>
> As for the patch itself, I'm not convinced there's value in having a
> separate file for "Shape Drawing Functions", these are clearly mesh
> constructors. I thought the original patch was mostly ok in that
> regard, although there are (very) minor issues like using %d for
> unsigned arguments and using imo ugly typedefs like LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9
> over simply "IDirect3DDevice9 *".

So I don't think I'm going to be getting much productive done with 1.2 bugs done in a single day, and
the one I started working on yesterday is now fixed.

So might as well start thinking about D3DX9.

So here is why I thought maybe having a separate shape.c file might be good. I am very new to D3DX9 so
please pardon my ignorance, but simply looking at SDK, I see:

i) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172976%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
Shape Drawing Functions are all defined in "D3dx9shape.h"

whereas
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172973%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
Mesh Functions are all defined in "D3dx9mesh.h"

This is not a reason to implement shape drawing functions in a separate file _per se_, but additionally:

ii) all the tests in mesh.c do not rely on CreateWindow calls or Direct3DCreate9 calls whereas those for shape
functions inherently will (like line.c)

Thus, since I'm going to try to focus on d3dx9 stuff (hope code-freeze is over July 4th), it seems like it might be good
to have a separate file.

What is the argument for keeping them all in the mesh file besides that they are mesh creation functions?

Thank you
Misha