Creating tests with additional binary modules

Mariusz Pluciński vshader at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 10:52:29 CDT 2010

Hi, wine-devel

I'm working on implementation of Windows Game Explorer interfaces
for Wine. The work is in advanced stage now, but I have problem with
implementation of conformance tests.

Thing I want to test is loading and parsing so-called Game Definition Files.
GDF are not separate files, but stored as resources in binary modules
 (usually in game's main executable). Using GE interfaces, programmer only
needs to pass path to binary, and GE automatically loads and process
embedded GDF(s).

Checking results of routines execution is not problem for me. But thing I
test is parser, so I need to pass various GDF files to routine. And, as GDFs
are stored in binaries, I will need to create many binaries. They should be
created in compile time and available for test's executable while running it.

The problem is that I don't know how to do this using wine's mechanisms.
How should Makefile.in file look to build additional executable files properly
(they should be probably always native win32 executables, even if parameter
"crosstest" wasn't specified)?
How should I guarantee that these additional executables will be copied
into winetest directory (to make them accessible while executing tests)?

Thanks in advance
Mariusz Pluciński