GetKeyboardLayout: actual keyboard or locale-dependent?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Mar 3 08:42:18 CST 2010

Hi,

I believe either user32/input.c erroneously skips some tests, or the
wording of the skip message is misleading. It says:
input.c:897: Tests skipped: Skipping Input_blackbox test on non-US keyboard

It bases its choice on GetKeyboardLayout(0) == 0x04090x0409.

However, GetKeyboardLayout's value does not depend on the actual
keyboard (set with setxkbmap in X11).  It depends solely on the LANG
(or LC_xyz) variables.  For instance, on a machine running a German
locale, I can switch to the US keyboard, yet the above message still
appears.  Conversely, with LANG=C and using the German keyboard layout
again, the tests are run.

The keyboard in use does not affect whether the tests are run or
not, despite what the message says.
BTW, I get 0 failures in all 4 combinations
 (and either 1 or 6 todos, depending on the skip).

Now when should these tests be run?

Thanks for your help,
 Jörg Höhle