mountmgr.sys not running on OpenBSD - depends on dbus/hal, or a timing issue?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 12:12:12 CST 2010

Howdy,

I asked this in #winehackers yesterday, but didn't get a reply.
Perhaps someone here knows. I've been testing wine on OpenBSD, with
their patches from port, and with a few patches/hacks, notepad runs
:-).

The big issues are mmap, which OpenBSD is really protective of.
Luckily, their port has some patches for it:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/emulators/wine/patches/patch-configure.ac?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fplain
- hack
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/emulators/wine/patches/patch-libs_wine_mmap.c?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fplain
- worth reviewing and maybe including in wine

main port site - http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/emulators/wine/

The main question I have though, is that I can't get winetest to run
there. When I run ./wine winetest or ./wine winetest-latest.exe,
winetest begins to load, then bails out, saying mountmgr.sys isn't
running, likely because my wineprefix is messed up. I'm not sure if
it's an issue of OpenBSD being broken, the vm being too slow and
timing out, or the lack of dbus/hal on OpenBSD to prevent mountmgr
from running. I'm assuming it's either OpenBSD being broken or the vm
being to slow, since other platforms without hal/dbus (OSX, etc.)
still report results fine.

Does anyone have a better idea what's wrong?

--
-Austin