[2/3] shell32: Implement SHParseDisplayName with basic tests

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 02:55:30 CST 2010

On 03/04/2010 09:12 AM, Reece Dunn wrote:
> On 4 March 2010 07:55, Paul Vriens<paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 03/03/2010 03:18 AM, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>>>
>>> This call is used by open file function of IE7.
>>>

>> Some added tests crash on W2K and below. I already sent a patch for that
>> (http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/58988).
>>
>> There are however also failures introduced on Vista+:
>>
>> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/shell32:shlfolder.html
>>
>> Could you have a look?
>>
>> I'm a bit reluctant to say this again but running these tests on winetestbot
>> would have shown these problems immediately.
>
> If patch watcher is available, it could be taught to send patches to
> winetestbot (winetestbot would need to be taught about patch series
> and how to correctly apply/test them).

That's already planned for (see http://wiki.winehq.org/WineTestBot) and
I think Ge actually wanted to integrate (some sort of) patchwatcher
based on Dan's.

> This would help pick out these issues earlier.

The idea behind winetestbot was to have developers check their
new/changed tests before submitting. Lots of people already use
winetestbot (even the master himself) but it would be nice if people
would add it to their workflow.

> Oh and btw: winetestbot is awesome! Thanks to Greg for setting it up.

I second that (again ;) ).

--
Cheers,

Paul.