wined3d: Add Nvidia 8800GTX detection

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Mar 8 16:05:44 CST 2010

Am 08.03.2010 um 22:51 schrieb Ben Klein:
>> Some cards are sold with "enabled special feature X in game Y". The game then looks at the card ID to allow additional configuration options. An example for this is Age of Empires 3 which allows the highest graphics options only for some Geforce 7 models(and a few ATI radeon models).
>
> Wouldn't that completely break for later-model cards?
It does, I think Command and Conquer Generals was a prominent example until it was fixed by either a game or a driver patch. I'd expect the Nvidia/ATI driver to have quirks for these games to announce a different GPU ID.
(C&C Generals was afaik the very reason why the PCI ID code was added to wined3d)