GSoC WPKG and test.winehq.org

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 08:53:48 CST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> > Converting the wpkg scripts to appinstall doesn't
> > seem like that difficult of a task, mostly just time consuming.
>
> It's harder than it sounds to actually get
> a few useful app tests written.  Plus there'll
> be some work writing up and fixing the bugs
> it uncovers.

So then do you think it's a worthy proposal to just work on wpkg scripts? I
have no problem working on this, and writting up/trying to fix bugs that are
uncovered. I just didn't think that by itself it would be good enough to be
accepted as a GSoC project.

> > That is why I thinking working on tying it into test.winehq.org is more
> worthy.
> > I still think tying appinstall and patchwatcher together would be
> > beneficial and allow people submitting patches to see where
> > regressions pop up in software, and to see
> > what new software works with each submitted patch.
> > Perhaps a project of implementing all of this and adding wpkg scripts
> would be accepted?
>
> Arjun Comar is going to propose something similar, but using Buildbot
> as the point of integration.
> - Dan

I look forward to seeing his proposal. Will he be bring patchwatcher back to
life, but in buildbot form?

-Seth Shelnutt