winemp3.acm on the mac

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Thu Mar 11 21:03:39 CST 2010

On 3/11/10 7:56 PM, Ben Klein wrote:
> Is there other Mac-specific code in Wine?
Yes there is.
> how is
> it handled?
With #ifdefs. Though it's not incompatible with defining our own ACM
filter specifically for CoreAudio. In fact, all the modules in Wine are
always built; they just get stubbed if the necessary functionality isn't
present. For example, winealsa.drv always gets built, even on non-Linux
systems or Linux systems without ALSA libs. (I know because I have a Mac
myself.) It just doesn't do anything without ALSA.
> What defines, if any, does the configure script produce when coreaudio
> is detected or enabled? I'd expect you would use those.
HAVE_COREAUDIO_COREAUDIO_H
> Of course, I'm not actually answering questions; I'll leave the
> ultimate architectural decision to someone more experienced :D
And so shall I.

Chip