Wiki - 3D driver issues

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 04:10:03 CDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 4:23 AM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Stefan Dösinger wrote:
>> Am 08.03.2010 um 13:23 schrieb Roderick Colenbrander:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Multiple times a day you encounter people who can't get 3D working in
>>> Wine. I'm getting so sick of these questions, that I decided to start
>>> a new page on the Wiki.
>>> http://wiki.winehq.org/3DDriverIssues
>>>
>>> Feel free to add more information to it. I don't want it to give
>>> detailed instructions on how to install drivers but more a page which
>>> gives hints on what is wrong and which points people in the right
>>> direction to solve the problems. In case there is a distribution
>>> specific issue like LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH on Ubuntu, such a thing could
>>> be described there in short.
>>>
>> Attaching a 32 bit glxinfo binary might be helpful for debugging 64 bit multilib issues.
>>

> Would this also include use Mac users???  If not, then please mark the
> file for the Operating System that it is a target for.
>
> James McKenzie

The page as it is right now makes most sense to Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris.
The situation on OSX is quite different, so I'm not sure if it belongs
there but the page could be reformatted if there is a need. I don't
know what the issues on OSX are these but I guess it is mostly related
to the X11 server.

Roderick