GSoC '10 Project Proposal: Buildbot Automated Testing System

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 02:57:16 CDT 2010

Hi Arjun,

On 19-03-10 05:25, Arjun Comar wrote:
> GSoC 2010 Proposal: Buildbot Automated Testing System
> For those who aren't aware, http://buildbot.net/ provides an automated
> testing suite. I propose to set up a Buildbot system for Wine, using
> both a periodic scheduler, and a try scheduler. I also intend to
> create an easy configuration scheme that should keep maintenance
> fairly simple. In addition the test suite should be modular and easily
> extensible, ideally building on AppInstall and the existing test
> suite, as well as providing a means for new tests to be hooked in.
I'm a bit opposed, since there are 3 or 4 such projects already. So
there has to be big advantage to your system if you want to introduce
another.

What would be the advantage of buildbot over say, gre' s winetestbot,
which allows you to test your patches, the build project dan did, or cxtest?

Cheers,
Maarten