Verbose explanation about the cygwin issue

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:50:30 CDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> My thinking was, if we require mingw on cygwin, then that would solve
> the winegcc problem and the rest of wine could be built including wine
> msvcrt, applications that linked to msvcrt would of course have to use
> Wine msvcrt because if they don't then we will get in to the situation
> of both c runtimes being invoked which I expect will still not end
> well.

Sorry I realize that last sentence ran on to hell. What I mean is, on
the cygwin build, require mingw to be there for the compilation and
invocation of winegcc which is a wrapper around cygwin-gcc. Wine dlls,
programs, server, etc all still would be linking to the cygwin1
runtime but would in no way be dependent on Windows msvcrt only Wine's
and the environment cygwin1.dll

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards