configure.ac: detect libusb-1.0

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 12:43:22 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Albert Lee <trisk at forkgnu.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:15:59 +0200, Damjan Jovanovic
> <damjan.jov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Changelog:
>> * configure.ac: detect libusb-1.0
>>

> There are multiple libusb implementations (notably, Solaris libusb and
> FreeBSD libusb20) and it would be necessary to do an API test for those,
> rather than using pkgconfig.
>
> -Albert

My patch already distinguishes between libusb-1.0 and libusb-0.1 -
they have different headers, different libnames, and different
pkg-config names.

Freebsd's libusb20 has all symbols starting with libusb20_tr_:
http://www.unix.com/man-page/FreeBSD/3/libusb20/

Solaris seems to use standard libusb-0.1:
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/sfw/usr/src/lib/libusb/doc/libusb.txt

We can't support 4 differerent libusb's. The one I propose here is
libusb-1.0 (http://libusb.sourceforge.net), which runs on Linux and
MacOS and is currently being ported to Windows itself. It is designed
to be easy to port.

Damjan