[1/3] WineD3D: check the GL flags in CheckDepthStencilCapability, not the static info

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 04:06:21 CDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Stefan Dösinger
<stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 25 März 2010 09:10:19 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
>> So what happens if the GL implementation doesn't support
>> ARB_depth_texture, for example?
> Good point. Maybe we should only look at those flags when we're using FBOs? I
> think the other format checking functions handle it that way, I wondered why.
> Patch 3 would still prevent float formats from being advertised without FBOs.
>

> GL_EXT_framebuffer_object doesn't require GL_ARB_depth_texure, so technically
> we might end up using FBOs without depth texture support. Possibility 1 is
> that DEPTH_COMPONENT render buffers are still supposed to work, possibility 2
> is that FBO rendering can't support depth buffers, which would make them
> useless for our purpose.

Note I don't know much about the current FBO extension situation but
since FBOs are finally quite common, can't we expect some features to
be around? If this functionality is missing, perhaps we should just
not work and let vendors fix their drivers. I guess AMD and Nvidia are
quite decent and perhaps Mesa also supports the needed stuff. Not sure
about Apple.

Roderick