usbhub.sys: add stubbed usbhub.sys

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:54:14 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Alexandre Julliard
<julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Damjan Jovanovic <damjan.jov at gmail.com> writes:

>>> I'm not convinced that splitting this stuff across modules is a good
>>> idea. There isn't much reason to replicate the Windows I/O stack layout
>>> because our devices work quite differently.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alexandre Julliard
>>> julliard at winehq.org
>>>

>> So should I do everything in usbd.sys then?
>
> I expect that will be a lot easier. I'm happy to be proven wrong, if you
> find that usbhub.sys works better that's fine, I just don't want to add
> modules now to find out later that they can't be made to work.
>
> --
> Alexandre Julliard
> julliard at winehq.org

I don't know enough about writing kernel drivers yet to decide this
(and several other things), so I think it's best I hack at it until I
have it working, then I'll start submitting patches again.

In the meanwhile, is the use of libusb-1.0 in Wine ok? Or should I use
libusb-0.1 or some other library?

Thank you
Damjan Jovanovic