Wine and OpenSearch

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 15:03:41 CDT 2010

Hi,

When your app doesn't work on wine, you need to open a wine source file
and try to understand what does it do and what goes wrong.
Even if they're named explicitly, you may have to look at its code.
And so you're asking where can this function be defined ?
You can use the command line with find but I prefer using "grep" feature
available at http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=shortlog because
you can then open in your web browser the file exactly where you want.

And you may read something like "solved by commit xxx" on bugzilla
without a link.
In this case, I also open the same URL as above and click on any
commitdiff link.
I cut the end of the new URL and paste what I read previously.

So, I wondered : "Hey ! Why don't you use your search plugins to do that !"
(I'm on Firefox but all web browsers have this feature too)

Here is why I wrote these two xml.
Two lines have to be included on the server side.
And the good news is it's even compatible with IE.

Should I send these at wine-patches ?
Any comment ?