A proposal for implementing dxdiag.exe: thoughts?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:16:18 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:33 PM, John Koelndorfer
<jkoelndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written a proposal for what my plan would be regarding
> implementation of Wine's dxdiag based on my own thoughts and the
> suggestions of other wine-devel list members. I plan to submit
> proposals for other projects as well but before I write them I'd like
> to get a better feel for what's expected (I did look at PGSQL's tips
> as per the GSOC wiki page).
>
> Anyways, it's attached. Please let me know what you think.

A lot of the work is already done:
http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=22871. There's a stub
dxdiag.exe already in wine, and last year some students from UCLA
coded a relatively functional dxdiag.exe. It's not yet in wine,
though.

I don't think it would take a GSOC amount of work to get it cleaned up
and into wine, but I may be overestimating the quality of the code.
Regardless, I'm sure others have more to say.

--
-Austin