A proposal for implementing dxdiag.exe: thoughts?

John Koelndorfer jkoelndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:27:51 CDT 2010

> A lot of the work is already done:
> http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=22871. There's a stub
> dxdiag.exe already in wine, and last year some students from UCLA
> coded a relatively functional dxdiag.exe. It's not yet in wine,
> though.
>
> I don't think it would take a GSOC amount of work to get it cleaned up
> and into wine, but I may be overestimating the quality of the code.
> Regardless, I'm sure others have more to say.
>
> --
> -Austin

I noticed that much of the work was done. I did indeed plan to use
this as a reference. However, from what I've read of the patch that
doesn't include the DirectX "conformance" portion that I described. I
am also under the impression that I'd have to write a lot of unit
tests, which takes time. Then, there's the whole getting code by
Alexandre thing. For a lowly student like myself, that may not be so
easy. :-)