3dmark2000, 3dmark06 results on both Wine and Vista

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Sun May 2 03:03:48 CDT 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> I did some apples-to-apples 3d benchmarking today on a dual boot system.
> It looks offhand like Windows is about twice as fast as Wine on these
> benchmarks on my system.
>
>  cpu:  e8400
>  ram: 4GB
>  video card: nvidia GT 240
>  Ubuntu 32 10.04 video drivers: 195.36.15
>  Vista 64 video drivers: 8.17.11.9713

Do you happen to have a 4k/5k series ATI card to attempt this test set
with as well?

I'd find it interesting to see their relative performance as well as
the notable short comings (things not rendered) ATI still have under
Wine. Some one asked me the other day how well they'd fair with a new
ATI card under Wine and Linux and I had no idea about an answer.