Compilation failure in wine-1.1.44

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Sat May 8 16:00:02 CDT 2010

Le 08/05/2010 22:37, Nikolay Sivov a écrit :

> On 5/9/2010 00:21, wylda at volny.cz wrote:
>> Hi Marcus,

>>> -O2 works like a charm there too, at least for me.
>> I think i read that somewhere and if i understood that correctly, my
>> conclusion at that time was, that -02 optimizes the code, so it can
>> "omit some" part of code and replace them by faster alternative. But
>> the debuging symbols then don't correspond such optimized code... And
>> even if i usually don't understand those backtraces, i want to provide
>> them as much readable for developer as possible.
> It's mostly about a parameters printed in backtraces, with -O2 you'll
> see sometimes missed register
> values replaced with <register EDI not in topmost frame> for example.
> Don't know about inline things,
> probably it could be inlined anyway with -O0 too, but I'm not sure.

this behavior is fixed with current git (except if gcc really optimizes
things out, but wine now behaves as gcc, so you should be way less
hindered by debugging with -O2 as you were)
A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)