gdi32/tests: Remove variable oldPen which is not really used from test_widenpath.

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Thu May 13 17:54:13 CDT 2010

On Sun, 9 May 2010, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> On 05/07/2010 01:06 PM, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>> -    oldPen = SelectObject(hdc, greenPen);
>> +    SelectObject(hdc, greenPen);
> If it's not used it's a bug. Everything should be reset to original
> state to prevent influence on following tests. There are number of such
> places in Wine's test suite that makes it impossible to isolate the
> problem.

Hmm, the function test_widenpath starts with HDC hdc = GetDC(0) and ends
with ReleaseDC(0, hdc).  Do you suggest to SelectObject(hdc,oldPen) before
the latter?  Isn't that a no-op?

There are two instances in that function where a pen is selected.  Do you
suggest to restore to the old pen before the second?  Looking at the test,
I'm not sure how relevant that would be.

(Alexandre already committed my original patch, but I don't want to just
ignore your feedback.  It's well possible I may be missing something.)

Gerald