Release plans

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri May 14 11:10:30 CDT 2010

Edward Savage wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> I can't find anything on that release, but we're certainly happy to
>> put together another one for Wine 1.2.  I've CC'd Jon Parshall, as he's
>> the guy that'll get to do it.
>>

> Could you link us to a copy of the 1.0 one?

Um, no; that's what I meant when I said I couldn't find anything on it <grin>.
In fact, our PR firm is questioning our sanity - are we really sure we
did a release?

I'm not sure a release is all that advantageous; it goes over the wire
to overwhelmed newsprint reporters who usually ignore it.  An announcement
is quite likely to be picked up on places like Slashdot and Digg, and that
then tends to spur internet buzz far and wide.  So...an announcement
may be all we really need.

Cheers,

Jeremy