More benchmarks of 3d performance comparing windows and linux

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri May 14 13:32:06 CDT 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0526822/mydemo.dem.bz2
>
> It ran nicely (if gruesomely).  But how do you get framerates out of this
> (on Windows)?
> http://www.digital-daily.com/video/hl2-benchmarking/ claims it shows
> them in the console, and saves them to the file hl2hl2source.csv,

http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/half-life-2-tweaks-cheats-mods-10247.html
is more specific, it says

timedemo [demoname] - Plays the specified demo and reports performance
information upon completion, including frames played, time taken,
average FPS and FPS variability. Also records the information in a
file called sourcebench.csv in your \Program
Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[username]\half-life 2\hl2\ directory.

I see that directory, but there's no new file in it :-(
- Dan