Change default library paths

Danila Sentiabov dsent.zen at gmail.com
Sun May 16 08:17:13 CDT 2010

Hi.
I have a set of home-made scripts for compiling and using different Wine
versions with different prefixes (no system-wide Wine installed at all).
I build new versions on Ubuntu VM (./configure
--prefix=/home/build-user/wine-build/binaries), then copy compiled binaries
to designated folder of my openSUSE box (this folder does not match with
configured --prefix, e.g. /home/my-user/wine/binaries/1.1.40) and run it,
setting correct PATH, WINELOADER and WINEPREFIX.
Everything went OK until now. I've updated my building VM from Ubuntu 8.04
to 10.04 and built Wine 1.1.44. Now it refuse to run with
wine: failed to initialize: /home/build-user/wine-build/binaries/lib/wine/
ntdll.dll.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Setting WINEDLLPATH does not help - it searches for dlls only in default
precompiled location.
What I'm doing wrong?

--
Best regards,