Trying to fix a bug, stuck at cross-compiling

Alexandru Băluț alexandru.balut at gmail.com
Sun May 16 20:36:48 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to fix bug 12804, and made some changes to winecfg, and I
need to test how it works on Windows. I followed the instructions from
http://wiki.winehq.org/CompilingDLLsUsingMingw - Cross Compiling the
Whole Tree, but I get an error:

$ ../wine-crossc/configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc
--with-wine-tools=../build-native --without-freetype --without-x
[...]
checking for the directory containing the Wine tools... configure:
error: could not find Wine tools in ../build-native

This seems to happen because the ../build-native/tools/winebuild
directory does not exist.

When I ran "make tools", in ../build-native, no error occurred. Any
idea why this happens?

Is there another way to build winecfg as an exe?

Thanks,
Alex