winecfg audio tab contents

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Tue May 18 08:45:10 CDT 2010

Hello Joerg,

On 18-05-10 15:33, Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:
> did you notice that in winecfg-1.1.44, the audio tab content
> is broken: nothing is displayed below ALSA, and OSS lists 5
> things only.  There used to be much more content.

This is likely a side effect from not calling DRVM_INIT before calling
GETNUMDEVS, meaning the devices are closed. I sent in a bunch of patches
so that things aren't initialized before they are used. Manually calling
DRVM_INIT might help, but then you would have to make sure you're not
using ANY of the winmm functions that also talk to the driver.

a patch like this would probably fix it:

- if (wodMessagePtr)
+ if (wodMessagePtr && wodMessagePtr(0, DRVM_INIT, 0, 0, 0))
                     num_wod = wodMessagePtr(0, WODM_GETNUMDEVS, 0, 0, 0);

However, it is best to make sure that DRVM_INIT is only called once to
avoid ill side effects. I wouldn't worry about it much, After 1.2 is
shipped the audio tab will be all gone anyhow. :)

Cheers,
Maarten