wininet: Combine certificate errors in HTTP_OpenConnection

Piotr Caban piotr.caban at gmail.com
Wed May 19 07:27:48 CDT 2010

On 05/19/10 07:40, Dan Kegel wrote:
>>> Test can't be easily added to wine because we don't have pages to test
>>> certificate errors on.
>>
>> That should be addressed, no?  E.g. with a page hosted at winehq.org
>> with a self-signed certificate?
It's writing a test case for one of possible errors. It won't prove much
more then you can see in the test I have written earlier.

> Or look at how Chromium does its ssl unit tests, by launching a little
> server written in python:
> http://src.chromium.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=chromium.git;a=blob;f=net/socket/ssl_test_util.cc
> http://src.chromium.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=chromium.git;a=blob;f=net/socket/ssl_client_socket_unittest.cc
I don't see a good reason for writing small http server in tests. It's a
lot of work. Certificate verification errors can be checked in crypt32
tests, it can be done locally (there are already some tests).