Release plans

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Sat May 22 11:27:50 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've tried with other PNGs before that we've not generated. Take a
>> third party png, edit the Info.plist and change the icon entry to
>> instead of pointing at the icns file point at the new Png image. Of
>> course I've tried this on Leopard, perhaps the behaviour is different
>> on snow leopard, I don't have a copy of it here.
>
> I am pretty sure the png support is iPod/Pad/Phone only. There may be
> some magic flag to allow OS X to use png rather than icns but I can't
> find it from google.
>
> --
> Steven Edwards
>
> "There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and
> that is an idea whose time has come." - Victor Hugo

My latest patch set (http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61966,
http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61967,
http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61968,
http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61969,
http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61970) moves all icon generation
in winemenubuilder to use windowscodecs and only outputs PNG icons.
This should make it pretty easy to add ICNS icon support.

If you're going to test this before it gets committed, be sure to also
grab http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61940 which fixes a nasty
bug in windowscodecs that corrupts many paletted ICO files. I think
this was the cause of the image corruption and RGB/BGR issue Steven
reported in his experiments with windowscodecs in early February.

Jörg can you test whether you still get icons with black backgrounds
with these patches?

Damjan