Re: make "bisected" a keyword in bugzilla?

wylda at volny.cz wylda at volny.cz
Sat May 22 16:22:53 CDT 2010

> > Compare this with regressions which are bisected
> > (aka "bug served on silver tray"), so saves a lot of time. And of
> >

> Actually a "regression" keyword supposes to mean exactly
> the same. It just happens that it's added every time someone decided
> > to add it. IMO it should be added only when regression
> test results are available

I wouldn't like it either. Because i cherry pick regression keyword or
bug reports which looks like regression. So it would bit me, if REGRESSION
would disappear as a choice for reporter.

> but this isn't going to happen of course for obvious reasons (some
> reporters don't bother to respond in months). If no test was performed
> > a developer will see a report anyway, searching for a module of
> interest.

I still think that REGRESSION != BISECTED, but i don't argue or enforce
such usage. I'll quietly do it my way till someone will tell me "stop
that mess in bugzilla". Then i would leave completely...

I try to do my best and i'm a bit sad seeing unfixed "Bisected" for a
long time and don't know how to help further :-/