make "bisected" a keyword in bugzilla?

Louis Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 22 16:41:22 CDT 2010

Nikolay Sivov <nsivov <at> codeweavers.com> writes:

> I believe developer's attention doesn't depend on bug state
> (confirmed/uncofirmed) at all.

I'm not sure about that, my experience is that some developers do care about
regressions and some don't (actually i think that they missed the bug reports
where the regressions are reported) . It would help at least that if those who
don't, drop a little message that they saw the bugreport and are aware of the
regression they caused ( or if their patch just was correct, and just revealed
another wine-bug, add that information)

> Actually a "regression" keyword supposes to mean exactly the same.

I don't agree about that, "regression" means the app doesn't work  anymore, that
could also be because of a distro-upgrade or a mis-configured system at the user
side. Bisected means someone with same system+distro has pinpointed the exact
patch that caused trouble. So this should have top-priority for wine-devs to
look at, if wine wants to get mature.