make "bisected" a keyword in bugzilla?

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Sat May 22 18:04:32 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Louis Lenders
<xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Nikolay Sivov <nsivov <at> codeweavers.com> writes:
> >
> > I believe developer's attention doesn't depend on bug state
> > (confirmed/uncofirmed) at all.
>
> I'm not sure about that, my experience is that some developers do care about
> regressions and some don't (actually i think that they missed the bug reports
> where the regressions are reported) . It would help at least that if those who
> don't, drop a little message that they saw the bugreport and are aware of the
> regression they caused ( or if their patch just was correct, and just revealed
> another wine-bug, add that information)

I know I've had trouble a couple times finding the correct bugzilla
account to add the relevant developer.  People using a different email
for bugzilla than for wine-patches can be very frustrating, you would
think that there would be some sort of better way than the email-only
system to identify the appropriate developer and tag him for the CC
list.  I've only been on the developer side of a regression bug once,
but it seemed like having a relevant bisect where the reporter was
able to identify me as the offender helped a lot toward resolving the
issue quickly.

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu