too much dynamic loading?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun May 23 16:20:50 CDT 2010

Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 4:13 PM, James McKenzie
> <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Marcus Meissner wrote:

>>> No static linking either, its the nightmare of security maintainers ;)
>>>

>>> But which distro doesnt have libjpeg or libpng? or libX11.so, libXext.so.,
>>> libncurses.so...
>>>

>> How about MacOSX or Solaris?  They don't come with these.
>>

> OSX 10.5+ comes with X11 installed. OpenSolaris has X11 and friends as
> well, though Solaris may not.

Austin:

I'm referring to the 'little' things, like openssl.  MacOSXs version is
not the same as Linux.  Also, the level of library support varies
greatly between versions of MacOSX.

See my reply to Ryan for more on this.

Also, we have to keep in mind that there are still Intel Mac users that
are running MacOSX 10.4, which did not come with X11 installed.

James McKenzie