Release plans

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon May 24 09:26:28 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Damjan Jovanovic <damjan.jov at gmail.com> wrote:
> My latest patch set (http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61966,
> http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61967,
> http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61968,
> http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61969,
> http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61970) moves all icon generation
> in winemenubuilder to use windowscodecs and only outputs PNG icons.
> This should make it pretty easy to add ICNS icon support.
>
> If you're going to test this before it gets committed, be sure to also
> grab http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/61940 which fixes a nasty
> bug in windowscodecs that corrupts many paletted ICO files. I think
> this was the cause of the image corruption and RGB/BGR issue Steven
> reported in his experiments with windowscodecs in early February.
>
> Jörg can you test whether you still get icons with black backgrounds
> with these patches?

YAY! This makes me feel like I was actually close to understanding how
it all worked ;) Thanks for all of your work on this. Since I have no
clue as to how we should actually implement icns support and how well
it is documented I will try to merge in my Appbundler hack once this
is all merged in to head.

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards