bricscad goes native

Massimo Del Fedele max at veneto.com
Mon May 24 12:29:03 CDT 2010

Il 24/05/2010 02:39, Dan Kegel ha scritto:
> I've long predicted that companies might use Wine
> for a while to ship Linux-compatible products,
> and later switch to a native build once they know
> they have users.  Well, now we have at least one
> example of this: Bricscad (see http://www.bricsys.com ).
>
> This is a *good* thing, and validates somewhat the idea
> that Wine is a catalyst to enable a global shift from
> Windows to Linux.

mhhhhh... I'm following bricscad development and I'd say that
the winelib version was quite a flop.... too many problems
and didn't have the expected success.
The linux native version is (imho) a courageus effort of
Bricsys team to give Linux something that was missing since
too long time :-)
Pity for the choice of wxwidgets, indeed.... it's becoming
too old style, imho, and the portability level isn't that
easy.

Ciao

Max