Voting for own bugs not allowed?

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Tue May 25 04:50:20 CDT 2010

Hi Florian,

On 25-05-10 10:59, Florian Köberle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got some replys at other places (bug tracker and private email). As I
> want to keep the discussion on the mailinglist I will place my arguments
> for voting here:
>
> 1. Not all bugs I report are important to me. I sometimes just fill in
> bugs when I find them but they don't mean much to me.

Can set the  'importance' field lower then :)
> 2. Not all bugs stay important to me. For example when I no longer play
> a game I might want to remove my vote from that game to show that less
> people are interested in getting the bug fixed.

Well, I honestly say I never look at votes myself, the size of the CC
list is how I see how important a bug is to people. :) If enough people
care, they want to be mailed on updates as well, so they can help out in
fixing the bug.
> 3. Bugzilla allows you to vote for your own bugs. If it's not intended
> that you vote on your own bugs then it should not be possible.

I'm for a patch to remove voting altogether.

Cheers,
Maarten