Voting for own bugs not allowed?

Wolfram Sang wolfram at the-dreams.de
Tue May 25 19:49:32 CDT 2010

> Voting for your own bug confirms it (changes status to NEW). You can not
> confirm your own bugs. As simple as that.

While I generally agree, the "status-changing" is an effect a number of
bugzilla-users (especially new ones) are probably not aware of.
Documentation helps here (on the voting-page, for example). Also, not
counting votes from the bug-submitter could probably be patched into the
software? There are some options, but invalidating valid bugs doesn't help
wine imho.

Regards,

   Wolfram