Call for translators

belnac belnac1 at googlemail.com
Thu May 27 11:23:05 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 17:46 +0200, Paul Vriens wrote:
> On 05/27/2010 12:52 PM, Paul Vriens wrote:
> > The code freeze for Wine-1.2 has started and we are now in a weekly
> > release candidate cycle. This is an ideal moment for translation work.

I'm a native speaker of Portuguese and would be very interested in
contributing to the awesome WINE project. I've also extensive experience
in C and C++ programming but am not sure if you guys are in need of devs
at the moment -- would appreciate comments on this. As for completing
the Portuguese translation (which at the moment stands at ~97% complete)
I'd more than willing to jump in.

<snip>

> I've created a simple wiki page
> (http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine1.2Translations) to keep track of who is
> doing translation work for Wine 1.2 to avoid any duplicate efforts.
>
> Please add yourself to this page if you don't need our help in
> translating Wine.

Please excuse my ignore but I've never participated in FOSS projects
before. I've just created a new account on winehq.org but I haven't yet
edited the page referenced above and added myself as a (Portuguese)
translator as, since I'm a new user, I don't know if there is someone I
need to contact first.

Should I just go ahead and add myself or do I need to contact someone
first?

--
Miguel Guedes