RFC: msvcrt: support dates after year 2038 in mktime64

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun May 30 15:02:38 CDT 2010

Robert Wilhelm wrote:
> Hello James,
>
> seems I should better send patches as attachments.
> http://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=2393 was more successfully.
>
> I am not sure I got your question.
> On 64bit unix systems (which have 64bit time_t), mktime() will support
> dates after year 2038. There is no need for my patch.
>
> Windows has mktime and _mktime64() already for ages. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

I think I know your confusion here.  Does UNIX and Windows implement
these functions for the same date range or should we be rejecting a set
of dates as being invalid?

> Is it currently a problem to use gmx.net to send email to winehq?
> I could use my googlemail acount instead.

No.  Please use your gmx.net account.  Wine developement and Wine
patches will accept it.  I had blacklisted this ISP but I have removed
them from the list as I have received no spam from them in a long time
(there may have been a compromised computer or two that was sending
stock 'pump and dump' messages to several Earthlink.net addresses.)

Also, please bottom post or interleave post.  Top posting makes message
flow very hard to read.

James McKenzie