Implementing d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXCreateTextureFromFileExA

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon May 31 03:11:13 CDT 2010

Am 29.05.2010 um 19:34 schrieb Alexandre Tolmos:

> Hello all,
>
> I tried to run the submarine simulation game Silent Hunter 4 on my Mac (MacOS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard) and it crashes because the D3DX function D3DXCreateTextureFromFileExA is not implemented.
>
> I know OpenGL so maybe I can help... Let me know.
You won't need OpenGL, d3dx9 is a pretty high level library, it uses only d3d9, but not GL directly.

A good starting point is the msdn page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172802(VS.85).aspx

Tony Wasserka implemented many texture functions as part of a summer of code project, but the code wasn't merged due to concerns about how the functionality was implemented. I recommend to search the wine-devel and wine-patches archives for the full details. Currently I think Owen Rudge is working on many d3dx9 texture functions, and Matteo Bruni is working on the shader assembler part of this library.