Re: New wisotool 20100530: new verbs galore

wylda at volny.cz wylda at volny.cz
Mon May 31 10:27:38 CDT 2010

> wisotool is a handy winetricks-like script for automatically
> installing games from .iso or .mds files copied from
> your own dvds

I wanted to try it, but i wasn't successful probably because of my faults.

So i prepared Bioshock .mds image, which i held on different HDD because
of install speed, drive space etc. It works, if i manually mount it
into virtual DVD drive (by cdemu) and then manually install by wine
setup.exe etc...

Can i instruct wisotool to read the image from my folder? Now i get:

Executing wine vcredist_x86.exe /q
2690
cdemud is already running
/mnt/isos/game_isos/bioshock/bioshock_my-private-game-key-here.mds is
mounted in cdemu, forcing an eject
eject: unable to find or open device for: `/media/BIOSHOCK'
ERROR: Failed to load image: Image file cannot be opened or read.
Mounting as drive i:
ln: creating symbolic link `/home/user/.wine/dosdevices/i:' -> `': No
such file or directory
Setting DPM emulation flag of device 0 to 1.
Setting transfer rate emulation flag of device 0 to 0.
cat: /home/user/.wisotool/cache/bioshock/391042ea19b4e_some_hash.txt:
No such file or directory

BTW: looks like you are setting things like DPM (Data Position Measurement)
explicitly? I have around 150 games transferred to .mds images and i've
never need to do that. Just as a user:
$ cdemu load 0 bioshock_my-private-game-key-here.mds

Also how do you handle multi CD games whit this tool? I have 8 virtual
drives and for example NFS Underground has two CD, so i mount both of
them and let the installations begin. The advantage is, that the games
do not asks "please put 2nd CD" etc.