[RFC] cmd: Add a space at the end of the first echo'ed batch line [try5]

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 00:43:12 CDT 2010

On 11/01/2010 10:47 PM, Jacek Caban wrote:
> Why do you need this? AFAICS the change to compare_line should be enough.
In wine/programs/cmd/tests there are 2 files :
+ test_builtins.cmd
+ test_builtins.cmd.exp

The first one is a kind of .bat on windows.
The wine cmd read line after line and execute it.

Then, the output is compared to the content of the second one.

I know the title of my patch may be unclear but it's really what windows
cmd does :
cmd_prompt>echo a at space@

A space is added at the end of the line.
That @space@ is added in the test_builtins.cmd.exp

However, to extend tests, I added several lines in test_builtins.cmd
with terminating spaces.
There, AJ warned me that git will ignore them as they are trailing spaces.
He tolds me to find a way to add these spaces.
I first tried ^z (an ASCII char meaning substitute) but he replied me it
is considered as a new line on windows.
He advise me then to use, as in test_bultins.cmd.exp "@space@"

And that's why I have to "parse" the input cmd_data to find and replace
@space@ occurences with "real" spaces.

I hope it's now clearer.