shell32/tests: Fix IShellFolderView test failure under Windows 7.

David Hedberg david.hedberg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 19:41:33 CST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 01:22, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:

>> -    ok(hr == S_OK, "got (0x%08x)\n", hr);
>> +    ok(hr == S_OK || hr == E_FAIL /* Win7 */, "got (0x%08x)\n", hr);
>
> This can't be correct. It either works or it fails. Can't be both at the
> same time. You should look into why it's failing on Win7 and correct the
> test so it succeeds.

I guess it makes the test a bit less useful for catching any errors,
but reading between the lines at msdn makes me suspect that passing
NULL for the pidl here simply doesn't work under Windows 7. I just
tried the same thing on a IShellFolderView created from the windows
directory and it gave the same result (still the default shellview I
guess).

Assuming for the moment that this is indeed the only result you'd ever
get, should I find a way to skip it on windows 7 or mark one of the
results as broken? I don't quite see either alternative as very
helpful in this case, but I might be wrong.

David