PGP key signing party at WineConf

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Mon Nov 8 01:31:55 CST 2010

On 08/11/10 08:44, Austin English wrote:

> Howdy Shachar,
>
> I've noticed a few pgp/gpg websites that say the key should have the
> persons FULL name. Is the full name required, or is just my First/Last
> name sufficient?
>
> Thanks for organizing this, by the way :-).

In a nutshell - it depends.

I, as an example, have a middle name that I seldom (i.e. - never) use.
It does not appear on my PGP key.

The real rule for what a PGP key should contain is your identifying
name. It might well be that some of the party's participants will refuse
to sign your key if the names on your key and on your identifying
certificate are not 100% identical.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh