[try 2] Test for window messages of a property sheet with custom dialog proc (bug 12104)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 12:48:02 CST 2010

On 11/13/2010 10:59 AM, Bernhard Übelacker wrote:
> When I run both tests as single files from a "make crosstest"
> I was not able to reproduce neither the explorer crash or the explorer
> windows not opening.

I didn't see a crash but maybe this is because I'm testing on W2K. I can
still reliably get the double-clicking out of order when just running
the cross-compiled comctl32 tests ('make crosstest' on my own box).

There is also something 'fundamentally' wrong with the tests:

+    hdlg = (HWND)PropertySheetA(&psh);
+    if (hdlg == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
+    {
+        win_skip("comctl32 4.70 needs dwSize adjustment\n");
+        psh.dwSize = sizeof(psh) - sizeof(HBITMAP) - sizeof(HPALETTE) -
sizeof(HBITMAP);
+        hdlg = (HWND)PropertySheetA(&psh);
+    }
+    ShowWindow(hdlg,SW_NORMAL);
+
+    ok_sequence(sequences, PROPSHEET_SEQ_INDEX, property_sheet_seq,
"property sheet with custom window proc", TRUE);
+
+    DestroyWindow(hdlg);

The PropertySheet call will create a modal (not a modeless) property
sheet and thus the return value is not a handle (see also MSDN). You can
easily check by adding some traces (see
http://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=7013). hdlg is always 0 and
destroying the window will give you an error ERROR_INVALID_WINDOW_HANDLE.

Will investigate further but any help is welcome.

--
Cheers,

Paul.