[1/2] opengl32/tests: Add tests for special case of SetPixelFormat

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 17:06:03 CST 2010

Hi Matijn,

What 3D API is this game using? Is it using Direct3D or OpenGL?

If it is Direct3D then I have the feeling the 'issue' is getting fixed
in the wrong layer.

Further I'm not really sure whether we want to allow pixel format 1 to
be used at all. In case of Wine all pixel formats are hardware
accelerated (okay, the bitmaps one are set to indirect rendering so
might be software based depending on the GLX implementation). On
Windows you essentially have two GL implementations namely the
Microsoft GDI renderer and the OpenGL ICD driver. The first several
pixel formats are the ones from the software based GDI renderer...

So even though Windows might allow setting pixel format 1 on HDC 0, I
don't think it is the right thing to do.

Roderick