wanted: test.avi resource

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Nov 17 03:13:50 CST 2010

Hi,

Currently there are no tests in Wine of mciavi or mciqtz. The reason
is incredibly trivial: I'd need a test.avi with defined properties that the tests
check, and of course the file should be as small as possible to not
weight too much in git.

If you happen to know clock.avi (found in some versions of
MS-Windows), this comes close.  It displays an analog clock with a
single clock hand plus numbers from 1 to 12. It ticks one frame per
second, showing numbers from 1 to 12 in addition to moving the hand.

What I think would be useful is a video with
 - frames: key - key - delta - key (if delta is possible)
 - displaying digits 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
 - speed: one frame per second
 - sound would be very useful, but it might increase the file size a
   lot (3 seconds of sound...). Perhaps MS-ADPCM might well compress a
   sound file that beeps, then pauses for most of the rest of every
   second.  Beeps at different frequencies would be best.
 - simplify graphics to minimize disk space.

Actually, I don't know whether such an animation with 4 frames would
play for 3 seconds (final frame displayed at the end) or 4 (final
frame displayed for one second, like the others, then stop).

Any volunteer?

How would that be incorporated into winetest.exe? As a resource,
copied at execution time to the current directory?

Thank you for your help,
 Jörg Höhle